|Typical Meeting Time||The third Tuesday of every month, 8:30am|
|Typical Meeting Location||McConnell Center, Room 305, 61 Locust Street, Dover, NH 03820|
|Board's Liaison||Police Department, Parking Bureau|
E-Mail Commission - View Public Meeting Records
The Parking Commission shall serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council and City Manager (or his/her designee) assisting with the development, implementation and continued monitoring of a comprehensive public parking system throughout the City. The Parking Commission shall review and develop recommendations for the ongoing financing and operation of public parking services and facilities to include:
- Making recommendations to the City Council and City Manager for the maintenance and implementation of an overall public parking plan that defines goals, policies, regulations and their enforcement.
- Making recommendations to the City Council and City Manager with respect to funding for a parking activity fund.
- Making recommendations to the Planning Board, the City Council and City Manager with respect to capital improvement programming as it relates to public parking facilities.
- Making recommendations to the City Council and City Manager with respect to special parking districts, related maintenance programs and their funding and management.
- Promoting communication and the exchange of ideas and concerns between users of public parking, property owners, merchants, and City agencies.
- Acting to promote public awareness of public parking areas in the city.
Reference City of Dover Administrative Code 5-18 – Parking Commission.