Anthony Blenkinsop, General Legal Counsel: click here
Amber Fournier, Legal Assistant: click here
The Office of General Legal Counsel is part of the Executive Department. Its mission is to provide quality, efficient, timely, and cost effective legal services, advocacy, and advice to the City Manager, City Council and City Departments. Proactive legal services are grounded in research of the applicable laws, regulations, and cases and seek to keep all recipients informed of developments in the law.
The Major Service Responsibilities of General Legal Counsel:
- Represent and advocate for the City and all departments in the District/Superior Courts in matters not covered by insurance, including enforcement actions and collections.
- Draft resolutions and ordinances.
- Update the City Manager, City Council, Department Heads and Boards, Commission and Committee members on legislation and recent legal decisions.
- Draft and review contracts, deeds, leases and other documents.
- Conduct legal research.
- Render legal opinions.
- Attend City Council meetings.
- Assist Boards, Commissions and Committees with procedures and laws.