Shoe Factory on Grove Street

skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo


Shoe Factory on Grove Street

Bennett Shoe Factory.jpg

10 Grove Street

This four story wooden building was a shoe factory until circa 1930, Built about 1868 by T.J. Canney, it was leased to John H. Hurd. Later occupants were Leighton & Drew, Bradley & Sayward, O.A. Gibbs, and L.M. Block and Son, For a few years in the 1960’s it was a warehouse, but it is now boarded up.
    1984 Heritage Walking Tour booklet


This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.