Tuttle Square

skip to main navigation
skip to main content

Dover Library Home

Dover Public Library Logo

QuickButton.gif

 

Disclaimer

The Dover Public Library website offers public access to a wide range of information, including historical materials that are products of their particular times, and may contain values, language or stereotypes that would now be deemed insensitive, inappropriate or factually inaccurate. However, these records reflect the shared attitudes and values of the community from which they were collected and thus constitute an important social record.

The materials contained in the collection do not represent the opinions of the City of Dover, or the Dover Public Library.

 

Tuttle Square

Tuttle Square 3.jpg
Tuttle Square about 1890. Bellevue Hall and the Old Court House on the right.
Tuttle Square is at the corner of Central Avenue and Silver Street.

Tuttle Square.jpg

Pleasant St.jpgTuttle Square looking south down Central Avenue. Dr. John Wheeler built a drugstore here in 1790.
It was used as a store and bakery from 1910-1930 by Martin Whitehouse.

 

This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.